Sometimes, you have to make your own destiny.

Undestined is on Wattpad!

By the way, posts are shown starting with the most recent. If you want to start at the beginning, you need to use the archives and start with the oldest post. Savvy?

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Chapter 9, Pt. 9

This time Edo didn’t flinch when he touched the seal. As he held his right hand against the collar, gold figures appeared on the glove on his left hand. He watched the developing shapes intently, muttering to himself. Silay held her breath, afraid to make a noise and ruin the reveal spell.

“Damn!” Edo tore the gloves off his hands and threw them across the room.

Silay jumped, startled by the exclamation. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

“It’s a blood seal.” He looked at Riya, who nodded.

“I thought that might turn out to be the case. At least you tried. Thank you.”

Edo shrugged. “Don’t thank me. It wasn’t really my choice to come.”

Riya closed her eyes and leaned back against the headboard. “Somehow, that doesn’t surprise me.”

When she didn’t say anything further, Edo turned to leave the room. Silay grabbed his arm.

“That’s it? You’re giving up?”

He shrugged her hand off. “It’s sealed with Wrigcyn’s blood. I can’t break it.”

“What if you used my blood?”

“It wouldn’t work. I need his.”

The sheets rustled, and they turned to look at Riya. She was sitting upright, following the conversation. “It actually might work.”

“Which just shows how little you understand magic. The whole point of a blood seal is that it can’t be opened without the blood of person who made it.”

“There’s no need to be rude.” Riya glared at Edo. “Did anyone tell you why the Seer sent Silay on this quest?”

“I don’t see how that is relevant.”

“Which just shows how little you understand magic.” Riya folded her arms.

 “If you’re just going to insult me—”

“After you politely pointed out you didn’t actually want to come.”

Edo scowled. “As I was saying, I’m leaving.” He turned and stomped out the door, leaving Riya and an aghast Silay alone in the room.

“Riya?”

“Don’t.” She lowered herself back down against the headboard.

“Was that about the Wardstone?”

“Probably.”

Silay sighed. “He is here to help. You could have tried to be polite.”

“My head hurts too much for playing nice.”

“Do you really think he might have been able to use my blood?”

“Maybe." She sighed. "I don’t know. He’s right about mine not knowing much about magic.”

“Well, I’m going to go talk to him. I’d like to get that collar off of you before we go Sojan.”

Riya gave a faint smile. “I won’t say no to that. But if he can’t….”

“I know.” Silay returned the grin. “You’ll be fine.”


“Exactly.”

1 comment:

  1. Proofreading :)

    He’s right about mine not knowing much about magic.” (I never know what to do about these kinds of phrases, but "mine" seems off. Maybe "my not knowing" ? or "me not knowing"? Guess it depends on what kind of participle you want it to be...)
    before we go Sojan. ("to")

    ReplyDelete