Sometimes, you have to make your own destiny.

Undestined is on Wattpad!

By the way, posts are shown starting with the most recent. If you want to start at the beginning, you need to use the archives and start with the oldest post. Savvy?

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Chapter 9, Pt. 4

“Jarlen!” The relief in the Seer’s voice was clear. “I’ve been worried.”

“I’m sorry. We were—”

“Ambushed. I know. I’ve just had trouble tracking you since then. Silay’s proximity blurs the future around you.”

Across the table from Jarlen, Silay blushed.

The Seer continued. “It is good you were able to contact me. The future has changed. There is still a plague, but now there is war as well.”

“You mean I’ve made things worse?!” Silay fell silent at a glance from Jarlen. The Seer couldn’t hear her, after all.

“War with whom?” Jarlen asked.

“With S'veal. Wilbrock’s homeland. I believe you have met him?”

“Yes, unfortunately.”

“He contacted me recently, and I believe you may be in danger from him.”

“We captured Talis. He was working for him.”

“Ah. That explains how he was tracking you. The best thing to do now is to send the boy away and get to someplace safe. Are you far from Sojan?”

Jarlen paused before answering and looked at Silay. She knew what he was asking and shook her head no. “I’m not leaving Riya.”

Jarlen nodded and answered the Seer. “Riya isn’t well. She was collared, and I don’t think she can travel.”

“Where are you?”

“Turvew. But we don’t even have horses.”

“Then I will contact Sojan and have them send you help. You are close enough that they should be able to reach you before Wrigcyn.” The Seer fell silent for a moment. “Is Silay there?”

“Yes.”

“Then give her this hope. I no longer See the plague spreading as far as it once did. And I believe the war can be prevented.”

The Farstone stopped glowing and Jarlen set it down.

“Now what?”

“We get some rest.”


Silay nodded in agreement, and after checking on Riya, spread out her bedroll besides the magician’s bed and fell into a blessedly dreamless sleep.
_________________
I think one of the hardest parts about writing dialogue with the Farstone is I can't describe the facial expressions of the person on the other end of the conversation

Also, I absolutely hate Wilbrock's name. I put it in during my rough draft as a place holder, and hadn't thought of another one by the time the first post with his name was set to go live. So, question. Would you all be upset if I changed his name? What if I were to let you name him, as a sort of apology? I'll have a poll here on the blog. You can post name suggestions in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Proofreading :)

    Wilbrock’s (missed one!)

    ReplyDelete