Sometimes, you have to make your own destiny.

Undestined is on Wattpad!

By the way, posts are shown starting with the most recent. If you want to start at the beginning, you need to use the archives and start with the oldest post. Savvy?

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Chapter 8, Pt.4


"Riya?"

"Hmm?" Riya had been staring steadily at the road for the last half hour. Without horses, they were now carrying their supplies, and everyone was feeling the strain.

"Do you have anything of Kade's?"

"Why?"

Silay shrugged. "Because right now we aren't really doing anymore than we were. And I thought, maybe if you had something of his, we could track him."

"I don't. It's not a bad idea, though."

Jarlen halted so suddenly the two women almost ran into him. He turned. "It's not a bad idea, at all. We've just been stupid. What can you use for tracking someone?"

"Possessions, blood, magical items." Silay listed the answer out automatically, then paused, her eyes widening in realization. "Magical items!"

She and Jarlen both turned to look at Riya, who frowned at them. "What, is there something on my face?"

Silay couldn't hide a small smile. "Not on your face. On your neck!"

"On my..." Riya brought her hand up to the spelled collar. "Of course! But we'd need another magician to cast a tracking spell."

"I hate to say this, but," Jarlen glanced at Riya. "I think we need to go back to Sojan".

"In case you've forgotten, the last time I was in Sojan they put a collar on me. They're not likely to take one off."

Silay nodded her agreement. "Besides, that would be backtracking. I doubt Kade and company went that way."

"It's not only the closest large town, but they have several magicians who could help. Besides that, we know they have a Farstone and are willing to help us stop the plague."

"I don't like it." Silay shook her head. "They arrested us! And I, for one, could do with not being tied up any more."

"Think logically! We don't have horses, and we don't know where Kade is going. If we go back to Sojan, we can check in with the Seers, get horses and more supplies, and maybe even find out where we should go next! It's our best chance."

Riya sighed and rubbed the back of her neck. "He's right, Silay. It makes the most sense."

"Fine." Silay looked at Jarlen. "But you better make sure we don't get arrested again."
_______________
I know, I know. Almost a month without posting, and then a short one with just more dialogue. But I have some fun ideas I've been working on for the new year. Things will pick up soon :) 

1 comment:

  1. Proofreading - but I think this is the last one for this batch. Maybe. Might do some of 2013 if I don't fall asleep shortly. :)

    almost ran into them (him)
    both stared to look at Riya (started? stared at?)
    On you neck! (your)

    ReplyDelete