Sometimes, you have to make your own destiny.

Undestined is on Wattpad!

By the way, posts are shown starting with the most recent. If you want to start at the beginning, you need to use the archives and start with the oldest post. Savvy?

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Chapter 8, Pt. 3


Riya looked down at the table and rubbed her temples. "I'm not sure what you want to talk about. We've already told you everything we know."

"Yes, but now I want to know what you plan to do with what you know. Silay!"

Silay sat up straight in her chair, having flashbacks to being called out by teachers at school. "Yes, ma'am?"

"What do you plan to do?"

"I-- I don't know. They Seer just sent me out to see if I can change anything."

The Healer waved this comment away with her hand. "That's why you left. Now that you know what you know, what do plan to do?"

Silay fell silent for a moment, thinking. "Can you come back to me?"

Aibas nodded. "Riya?"

"The plague is magic. I'm a magician. If I had my powers, maybe I could do something. But..." She shrugged.

"I had hoped you all might be a little more optimistic." Aibas turned to her former pupil. "Jarlen, I'm sure you at least had some idea of what you would do when you left." Before Jarlen could answer, a thought seemed to occur to her. "Silay, out of curiosity, has Jarlen asked to look at your blood?"

"What?!" The question startled Silay out of her thoughts.

Even Riya looked up in surprise. "What would Jarlen want with blood? He's not a magician, and besides, blood magic is dangerous. And usually bad."

"More than usually." The Healer looked at Riya. "I've never known of a blood spell that ended well for both parties involved."

"As Riya has pointed out, I am not a magician." Jarlen's voice broke the silence that had followed the brief exchange. "My interest in blood has nothing to do with magic. The reason it's powerful in spells is because it gives life to the body. Which is why it is also useful for alchemy. If their is something in Silay's blood that makes her immune to the plague, then it might be possible to give whatever it is to others and make them immune too."

"I still don't like it."

"It's not your choice,  Riya."

"No, it's mine." Silay interrupted what looked like it could be the start of a fight. "And at the moment, we don't know if I'm immune to the plague, so it isn't really important." She looked at Aibas. "You asked what I think we should do? Well, here it is. We stop trying to find what is causing the plague, and try to find who."

The Healer nodded. "That is what I think too. And you shouldn't delay. I'll pack supplies for you, and you can be on the road in an hour."
___________________________
Enough talking. How about some action?

1 comment:

  1. Proofreading :)

    They Seer just sent me (the)
    what do plan to do (+ you)
    If their is something (there)

    ReplyDelete